Thursday, September 20, 2007

Post talk like a pirate day, number 19

So, today was my birthday, the 19th of my life so far.

I can say it was better than expected, for I was expecting nothing. I was expecting my least favorite classes in school (algebra and spanish) and then work, with no presents. Yesterday though, feeling a bit sick I was, and I convinced my mom to let me stay home today. It would have been harder, but my dad is out of town, and since she has to give me rides, it was a bit more convenient for her as well.

So, sleeping late, I was first woken up by Meghan who sang 'happy birthday' to me over the phone. One of the best wake up calls ever. I did however go back to sleep after, so it seems kinda like a dream. Jonny texted a happy birthday message also, so before I was even up I had multiple greetings of the day. Turns out I had major sleep to catch up on, so I slept nicely. Got up and furiously did spanish homework online since it was due at 11pm, and I would be at work then. Got to work where Joe found out it was my birthday and offered me a free pizza. He was appalled I hadn't asked the day off, but I had forgotten, and then figured that work was better than me sitting home alone "celebrating." Worked with a new girl, Camille, who I really like a lot. She left a bit early so I closed half-way by myself, but it was fine. Getting home I was greeted by cards from my parents and grandparents, an icecream cake, a bag of kit kats, a bag of little tokens, and my mom told me my real present is that she is getting a ring fixed of hers (the stone is a little wobbly) so that she can give it to me (it being my great grandmother's and she gave it to my mom at 16, and told my mom to pass it on). It's actually really pretty, and I like it a lot. So, I liked my birthday.

Now to eat my birthday cake which is melting in front of me.

Hasta luego.

EDIT: this is one of the funniest things i've ever seen. http://winterson.com/2005/06/episode-iii-backstroke-of-west.html

1 comment:

Ammon said...

Happy Birthday via Blog!

I think we can safely call this the 20th birthday you've experienced so far. They're like centuries, but the opposite.

Chicken Trains are delicious like nobody's business. I watched young frankenstein last night, finally. Good stuff.

It's too late for me to speak coherently, and i actually forgot what i was going to say while the comment page loaded, so i had to read some more.